PEDIATRIC ORTHOPEDICS for Garland TX RESIDENTS
Patients come from Garland TX to meet with our Pediatric Orthopedic Experts. Our doctors have been specially trained to understand children’s growing bones. They know what is needed for a bone to recover and heal correctly. Our recovery rates are proven to be fast due to the team’s knowledge and experience. Call today for an appointment with a specialist in kids growing bones.
Focusing On Pediatric Orthopedics For Residents of Garland TX
At Medical City Children’s Orthopedic and Spine Specialists, our doctors specialize in treating children from Garland TX. Furthermore, our Fracture Care Clinics provide compassionate resources to assure that you and your child receive the best care available.
Orthopedics is the medical specialty that focuses on injuries and diseases of your body’s musculoskeletal system. Thus, our doctors specialize in the care of children of all ages. And their patients are from newborns with clubfoot to young athletes requiring the proper resetting of broken limbs. However, our practice includes the treatment of problems with bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, muscles, and nerves, to allow your child to be active. We look forward to treating patients from Garland TX.
Firstly, our doctors treat conditions of the musculoskeletal system that involve:
- Diagnosis of the injury or disorder
- Treatment with medication, exercise, casting, or surgery
- Rehabilitation by recommending exercises or physical therapy to restore movement, strength and function
- Prevention of injuries related to sports to manage the disease
Orthopedics Education and Training For Residents of Garland TX
To sum up, our doctors have extensive training in the proper diagnosis and treatment of injuries and conditions of the musculoskeletal system. They have completed up to 14 years of formal education, including:
- Four years of study in a college or university
- Four years of study in medical school
- Five years of training in an orthopedic residency at a major medical center
- Two optional years of fellowship in pediatrics
In addition, our surgeons spend many hours researching new techniques and technologies that will advance treatment. Also, we are active members of the Pediatric Orthopedic Society of North America and Scoliosis Research Society, where we contribute through writing white papers for distributing knowledge about advancements in care.
Carrolton TX residents who Break a Bone
The difference in our Fracture Care Clinics is how quickly we can see our patients. Appointments for fracture care are not necessary. There is personal interaction between the patients and our Doctors.
“We spend a lot of time going over the physical aspects of what a family can expect. We work with the patient and their families to ensure that every member of the family is comfortable with the treatment plan.” Shyam Kishan, MD
Orthopedics Treatment For Residents of GARLAND TX
Nonsurgical Treatment For Residents of GARLAND TX
Surgical Treatment For Residents of GARLAND TX
- Fusion—a “welding” process by which bones are fused together with bone grafts and internal devices (such as metal rods) to heal into a single solid bone.
- Internal fixation—a method to hold the broken pieces of bone in proper position with metal plates, pins, or screws while the bone is healing.
- Joint replacement (partial, total, and revision)—when an arthritic or damaged joint is removed and replaced with an artificial joint called a prosthesis.
- Osteotomy—the correction of bone deformity by cutting and repositioning the bone.
- Soft tissue repair—the mending of soft tissue, such as torn tendons or ligaments.
Our board-certified doctors specialize in the treatment of children and adolescents.
Your doctor will give your child the care and attention they deserve.
GARLAND TX Neighborhoods
convenient locations: Arlington, Dallas, Frisco and McKinney.